Thursday, April 30, 2009

Resham Jaisi Hai Raahen

Moments-Yes those were moments.1997,I was in 9th class.Was growing up and teen age was at its peak..I mean those mushy feelings about your infatuations,wanting to do something in life,cricket(any average Indian guy has a fascination for it-come on!) and evening meet-outs at Kalyani Chowk was so common.Though Muzaffarpur is a small town but its markets are hip and very fashionable and that's why George Fernandes named it Mini Bombay way back in 70s(heard it from seniors) and Kalyani chowk is its heart.

Going back to 1997,it was December when promos of a movie called-Ek Tha Dil Ek Thi Dhadkan, which was supposed to be debut movie for Isha Koppikar and Indra Kumar(my filmy GK has always been strong) started doing the rounds on satellite TV.

My friends and I were so excited about going to class 10th which was to happen in March as we had aspirations and certain excitement of calling ourselves students of 'matric'(small town sensibility,you see).Well, the movie had a song 'Resham Jaisi hain Raahen'.It had caught my imagination and I bought the cassette as a result.Must mention that it was musician Anand Raj Anand's first film and if my memory serves right the lyrics were of Javed Akhtar.I think this movie never got released.

Beautiful melody and words,and I had this strange habit of making my friends sit with me and listen to the songs which I liked.They must have hated it,but I was forceful:-).And some of them,who lived near home had to submit to my forceful ways more than any other friends.The song also represented all those feelings; I name them again-infatuations,excitement etc..

But more than anything else,it has a melody which I could never forget.

Life passed on and we got on with our aspirations and destiny.That cassette must be in any almirah(closet). I missed that song and tried to find out everywhere but with little success.

One of those friends met me after long and we hummed that song only remembering those old days of teen years.

"Resham jaisi hai raahen,kholen hain baahen yeh waadian,
mausam saare hai apne,rangeen sapne hain meherbaan.."

The middle lines used to just touch the chord of strings of "mann hi mann mein pyar"(infatuation/attraction/first love/teen love/whatever) :-)..It was as follows-

"awaaz jaise koi gunji hai,mere liye duniya mein tu hi hai,
kal hum na honge ye baharein phir bhi ayengi..
shayad hamari ye kahani dohrayengi,koi to hamare dhund lengi ye nishan"

(Now you see how much I liked the song that I remember it till date and I wonder many of you remember the song at all )..


So,my search of that song continued and I just could not find it.

And they say piracy is bad,I also think so sometimes('sometimes' is obvious due to prices which are just out of budget/consideration/habit:-)),but I know piracy helps.I visited a popular website ,famous for downloading hindi songs, today and was trying to listen to some songs. If I say listen, I mean it as my laptop is with a Quicktime plugin which doesn't download and directly plays the song.Random wandering made me bump into the page where I saw a label-'Ek tha Dil Ek thi Dhadkan" and my eyes lit up just thinking of those great times.And now you know what must have followed.

I listened to the song and nostalgia had gripped me,resulting in this note..

Thanks for a retro walk down to Resham jaisi raahen (silken path)-those wonderful years!


-Life goes on and the memories become our companions..

2 comments:

  1. nostalgia indeed..
    but loved your prodigous way of putting emotions smoothly one after another ..for me its a delightful read..
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and this reading took me to class 8 when akele hum ahelek tum was released :)

    ReplyDelete